The importance of using images in marketing - 7 facts!
Have you ever sat on the train, on your couch or in a waiting room scrolling aimlessly through social media newsfeeds? Thumb-stopping content is pretty powerful stuff and it’s fun to be more mindful of exactly what made you stop. Was it an image, a moving image (aka video) or a word or phrase that caught your eye? We’ve gathered 7 facts about images and their importance when it comes to marketing and advertising to your consumers. We at Hyphen Photography, Inc. know how important images are to a brands success. They can either elevate you or leave you feeling generic and uncared for. You should take pride in the visuals that represent your company and here’s why:
1. 32% of marketers say visual images are the most important form of content for their business, with blogging in second (27%).
2. When people hear information, they're likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later.
3. 11% more B2C marketers than B2B marketers say visual content is the most important type of content today.
4. Eye-tracking studies show internet readers pay close attention to information-carrying images. In fact, when the images are relevant, readers spend more time looking at the images than they do reading text on the page.
5. Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
6. In an analysis of over 1 million articles, BuzzSumo found that articles with an image once every 75-100 words received double the social media shares as articles with fewer images.
7. Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images.